Terms and Conditions
- MOUNTAIN AIR TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE & PURCHASE OF SERVICES
- Mountain Air is herein after referred to as The Company.
- CHECK IN REQUIREMENTS
- Please arrive a minimum of 15 minutes before flight time. Please call 60 minutes before flight to confirm flight departure.
- EXPIRY OF GIFT VOUCHERS
- Gift Vouchers will be valid for 12 months from date of issue, after which time they will be null and void. No refunds will be provided after 12 months from date of issue.
- DANGEROUS GOODS
- For safety reasons The Company reserves the right to "offload" items deemed a risk to passengers, aircraft and employees.
- An adult is classed as any person 13 years old and over. Photo identification may be required at time of check-in.
- A child is classed as any person from 3 - 12 years old. Identification maybe asked for at time of check-in.
- An infant is classed as any person 0 - 36 months.
- PASSENGER WEIGHTS
- Due to the nature of light aircarft we are limited to a per passenger standard weight of 77kg. Where passenger weights exceeds this, numbers of passengers carried per flight may be reduced.
All prices are GST inclusive and priced in $NZ.
- LIABILITY & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Mountain Air shall not be liable for any loss, damage, injury, death, delay, inconvenience, cost or expense whatsoever, sustained, occasioned or incurred arising out of or in connection with the purchaser's use or participation in any service in which the Company is not a provider of the service unless it was caused by an act or omission on the part of The Company.
Mountain Air will not be liable for any loss of or damage to purchase's personal property, ill health, delays or disruptions, or changes in transport schedules or services unless caused by an act or omission on the part of Mountain Air.
To the best of their information and belief based on details furnished by the Suppliers of the Services, Mountain Air understand the descriptions of Services supplied to be true and correct as at the time of supplying of the information and can accept no responsibility for changes to Services that subsequently occur.
Carriage by air with or without any other Services is upon and subject to Conditions of Carriage, NZ laws, and proceedings for death or injury occurring by accident is excluded by the operation of the Accident Rehabilitation and Compensation Insurance Act 1992 which provides limited statutory entitlements in replacement of common law rights of recovery. In other cases the Company's liability is limited to loss or damage sustained by passengers as a result of its negligence or that of its employees and subject to the limitations imposed by the Carriage of Goods Act 1979.
The Company does not accept liability in contract or in tort for any damage, loss, delay, additional expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by force majoure or other events which are beyond its control, or which are not preventable by reasonable diligence on its part, including but not limited to, war, civil disturbance, fire, floods, eruption, atypical weather conditions, acts of God, acts of government or other authorities, accidents to or failure of machinery or equipment or industrial action.
The Company reserves the right to change fares before payment and without notice. The Company reserves the right to change, cancel or withdraw any bookings made for a passenger or decline to accept or retain any person on any flight or package. And further shall be under no obligation to any person as a result of any inaccuracy, mis-description or changes to any itinerary, or for losses or additional expenses due to delays in air or other transport services, sickness, weather, eruption, quarantine, or other causes such as a bereavement.
The traveler acknowledges, that once payment for any travel and or package has been confirmed, that their travel and any other services offered were based on these terms and conditions and it is the travelers' responsibility to read and understand the terms offered, booking conditions and responsibilities before the booking is made. The traveler acknowledges that The Company is under no obligation to refer to the terms and conditions at the time of booking but have them available if requested.
If any portion of the above conditions is inconsistent with or breaches any applicable law it shall be void and of no effect. Where the purchase acquires or holds himself/herself out as acquiring Mountain Air's services of any of the Services herein for business purposes, the provisions of the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 will not apply to the supply of any of those services and The Company will not be liable for any resulting loss or damage including any consequential loss or damage howsoever caused.
Any claim arising out of the provision of services by Mountain Air will be governed only by the laws of New Zealand.
- FOR ALL BOOKINGS
- Mountain Air
Box 710 28, Whakapapa Village,
Mt Ruapehu 3951
Toll Free (NZ): 0800 922 812 or (+64) 7 892 2812